M. A. R. Y 5


Yvonne opened her eyes and saw herself in her car, she noticed the car was parked in another environment, she looked beside her and saw the stranger staring at her and she was startled so she quickly tried to open the door and run away but the door didn’t open
“Don’t worry you can’t open it” he said looking away
“Who the F**K are you?” She said loudly
“Don’t be afraid” he said picking up a doll in the car
“I said who the F**K are you” she said almost crying
“Like I said I am Metatron and am here to help” he said looking at the doll seriously
“Ok Mr. Metatron, please do me a favor” she said
“What is that?” he asked looking at her
“Get the F**K out of my car and stay the F**K away from me” she yelled
“What happened to you yesterday in your hotel room was not a dream and if it happens a second time you might not survive it” he said ignoring her last statement
“How did you know that? Wait a minute… Jesus Christ am so confused now” she said with hands on her head
“Yeah, humans are the most confused creature”
“F**K you. No wait how the hell did you crush that trailer? Why are you here? You are a bad dream” she said
“Don’t be afraid” he said still holding that doll
“Am not afraid of you” she said loudly but didn’t mean one word of it; he turned to look at her
“Good, now let’s go” he said dropping the doll
“Go where, am going nowhere with you” she said
“Humans always over reacting to nothing” he said
“You call this nothing? Am not over reacting” she said
“Unfortunately the fear in you is a positive catalyst that speeds up your reactions”
“Please leave me alone now” she said
“We have to go now” he said
“Am going nowhere” she said and suddenly the car started moving, she was surprised, she looked at him but he looked away
“No No wait stop please” she said but it didn’t stop
“Ok I’ll drive” she yelled and it stopped. She turned on the car and started driving
“Drive to the island” he said.
For the next 5mins she kept glancing at him
“Are you an Angel” she finally said something but she wasn’t sure she wanted to say that
“But you don’t believe in Angels” he said without looking at her
“Well huumm” she lost words
“I’m not an Angel”
“Ok?”
“But Angels are real and don’t dispute that”
“Ok, so what are you?” she asked
“Am a Leviathan” he said
“Excuse me?” she said mockingly; he turned to look at her
“Sorry” she said and her face changed
“But what is Leviathan?” she asked
“Leviathans are powerful creatures; created by God long ago even before Angels, we have the power to do anything. We are more powerful than Angels”
“Ok? And you look like humans”
“Yes, we all do and the angels too, for we were all created in the image of our father”
“Father, I see” she said
“Yvonne, please don’t be afraid of me am here to help
“No am no longer scared” she said smiling
“I can feel your fear and smell your lies”
“Now you are scaring me”
“I wouldn’t harm you I promise
“Why are you helping me” she asked
“You will find out soon enough and because I like you” he said without smiling
“So you guys fall in love too?” she said
“We have hearts and minds like you” he said without smiling
“Waw, what a romantic face you have there” she said mockingly
“Don’t mock me, that’s the best expression I can give” he said
“Seriously? Well, in our world we smile when we express feelings” she said
“I wish I could” He said
“You’ll learn” she said smiling
“You shouldn’t have told your friend, what happened to you”
“Why?”
“Because the demon seeks you are your friends and you just led it to them”
“I don’t understand, I’ve never done anything to attract such and as a matter of fact, I don’t go to churches or shrines”
“You speak the truth but you forget one thing” he said
“What is that?” she asked
“Meet me in CMS” he said and disappeared. She still can’t believe all these, so she quickly called Maria to come to CMS……
Yvonne arrived at C.M.S an Anglican church in Lagos island, she entered the church it appeared to be a very large church, she saw someone sitting on one of the benches, he was on a black suit and a red tie; she knew he was the one; she walked to him and sat beside him
“Ok tell me what I forgot” she said
“Let your friends arrive” he said without looking at her but seemed focus on the stone cross at the altar
“How…. How did you know I called my friends” she looked surprised
“Why is that stone cross on the altar” he asked ignoring her question
“Excuse me? (she was surprised at the way he changed subject matters) I..I don’t know? Maybe its some kind of respect or something”
“You speak like it means nothing” he said turning to her
“Why? Should it mean a thing to me? I don’t even go to church, I stopped believeing in God ever since I lost my parents who died in the church”
“You speak with confidence” he said
“What do you expect”
“Did God kill them?” he asked
“Well, sort of”
“You are not so sure but yet quick to condemn my father”
“Suicide bombers attacked the church, why didn’t God stop them”
“Then God didn’t kill them”:
“Yes he did, he watched it happen and did nothing which means he did” she said already crying
“You are not proving anything” he said looking at the cross
“Of cus I am” she said loudly looking at him
“Everything happens for a reason and a purpose” he said
“What reason? What purpose? What could be more important than the lives of my parents”
“Time” he said
“Time? What has that got to do with anything”
“Time made it happen, it was time for them to go”
“What? In such a horrible way?”
“God created Time and death. And in Time Death takes its course. They are not the first”
“Excuse me” she said
“If God had saved your parents you wouldn’t be what you are btoday, if God altered the process he would be altering Time’s pattern and this would lead to lose of untimed lives”
“That ain’t good enough” she said
“Your father is in hell and your mother in heaven”
“What? How can you say that to me?”
“Your father was paid to wear a bomb into the church with your mother ignorant of this. But he had already sent the money to your account and he did the job. That money changed your life” She was speechless
“Wh… What?” she said in a low tone
“The truth”
“My father was poor, what did you expect?” she tried to defend her father
“It doesn’t change anything but if your father had waited a little longer, his crashed business would have sprung back to life” he said loudly and she was calm as tears flowed down her eyes
“My father’s business crashed and for 10years we were damned in poverty, for 10years we waited but God did nothing” she said calmly with tears
“Have you not heard of the man named Job” he said looking at the cross, she was quiet, she knew all he said was true because no one could have guessed that.
“Yvonne!” Maria yelled as she entered the church, Yvonne cleared her eyes and turned to see Maria, she stood up and walked to Maria
“Hey Maria” she said and hugged Maria, she saw Rachael and Audrey
“No, why did you bring them” Yvonne said
“What are you talking about” Rachael said
“Yes there’s a problem” Yvonne said
“What problem?” Maria asked
“It’s complicated, I don’t even know” Yvonne said
“Who’s the white man over there?” Audrey asked
“you wont believe me if I told you” Yvonne said in a low tone
“Tell Me” Audrey said coming closer
“He’s some kind of Angel” she whispered to them; the three of them looked at each other and busted into laughter
“Excuse me?” Maria said
“I am not an Angel” he said and stood up and turned to face them
“Woow” Maria said
“That is a very beautiful man” Audrey said
“Right now I believe you have something better to worry about” he said
“ladies this is Metatron and he’s huumm… I’m a Leviathan” he cuts her words
“Le What? What the hell does that mean?” Maria said laughing but he had a straight face although
“That is not your problem, the problem now is that your lives are endangered”
“Look, I hate threats” Audrey said
“Look, I hate oblivion. Can someone tell me something reasonable?” Rachael said
“Meet me in Yvonne’s car” he said and walked out of the church. They just stood there looking at him
“Who the hell is he?” Rachael said
“You need to see the way he came to me” Yvonne said and walked out too and they followed her.
As they got outside Yvonne entered the car but her friends stood outside
“Will you guys come in or what?” Yvonne said sticking her head out the window then they entered
“Ok tell us” Yvonne said to Metatron
“Ok girls, I want to tell you your story; the story that got you into this perilous pursuit.
Six years ago when you (Yvonne) were doing your service, you met three ladies who you became best of friends with (Maria, Audrey and Rachael). Yvonne and Maria were then posted to a school while Audrey and Rachael were sent to a governmental organization all in the same state (Delta) but 8months into your service you girls went out together and took a long walk into town and your feet led you into a village. In that village you came across a house in a lonely part, it was old and damaged; there was a sign in front of the house “Cursed House No Entry”, but you ladies found it funny and decided to enter and in your attempt to enter an old lady shouted
“Ayi1 Ayi!! No enter there ooo, you fit die”; the ladies laughed at him after he said this
“(Laughs) You need to see your face when you said that” Maria said laughing but he didn’t even smile, he continued
You all ignored the lady’s words believing it to be superstition. As you entered the gate of that house you were all marked for destruction. You entered the main building, it was dirty and dusty and you even touched things in the house but you all ran out of the house after seeing a decaying body hanging from the ceiling. Yvonne you were the first person who entered that gate and that’s the reason you are number one on death’s list and unfortunately you told your friends and now the link is completed “ at this moment the ladies just stared at him for like 15 secs
“Please help us” Yvonne said
“No this is crazy” Rachael said
“Yes” Audrey agreed
“Yvonne I have been trying to help you but you kept rejecting my help. I sent you a number” he said and Yvonne remembered the paper
“But that was creepy and scary” she said
“You haven’t seen anything scary” he said
“yeah right” Maria said
“This is all bullshit, if this thing wanted to attack us (that’s if it exists) it would have done that long ago” Rachael said
“True” Maria said
“I can take you somewhere safe”
“Am not interested” Rachael said
“me too” Audrey said
“this is our life ladies” Yvonne said
“I have a husband and home to run” Maria said
“You all don’t have to go with us. Just Yvonne is enough” he said
“what? Why me?” she said
“because you are head of the list” he said
“Better, don’t worry Yvonne I’ll pray for you” Rachael said and Maria laughed
“You don’t pray?” Maria said
“well, I’ll start now” she replied
“Look, I have to go now, ok? Am not interested in all these” Audrey said and walked out of the car
“Me too” Maria said and followed with Rachael
After they left he turned to Yvonne
“Don’t be afraid, I’ll help you” he said
“Honestly I am”
“Alright, take your time and whenever you are ready I will take you see someone who can help” he said
“alright then, thanks for understanding but I want you to stay with me” she said
“Am not going anywhere” he said
“Yes!!” she said happily
“So what now?” he said
“Now, you blend into mankind” she said
“I already did that” he said
“No not like that? No man falls from the sky like that and crushes a trailer?”
“But what did you expect, it was coming right at you” he said
“Yeah I know and thanks for that but now act like a normal man and not walking like superman “
“Ok”
“One more thing, please learn how to smile” she said
“I can’t” he replied
“Good, I’ll teach you” she said and moved closer to him; she puts her hand on his face and touched his cheeks lightly with her palm then uses her thumbs to push the sides of his mouth in opposite directions upwards
“Now that how to smile” she said holding his face
“Ok, I’ll practice”
“Good, practice with your thumbs like that” she said
“Ok”
“Alright, now we are gonna go back to my hotel room”
“Am ready”
“Good and please don’t do anything scary, ok?” she said
“Ok” he replied; she started the car and drove off…

Comments